Testosterone surely do not need introduction. It is the male sex hormone that gives men, their main features and characteristics. Testosterone is the most important and the crucial hormone that is needed by the human body in order to carry out special bodily functions in men.
The pattern of the production of this hormone is really simple. It starts to produce since the time of the conception and the development of fetus. And the level continues to increase and goes on the peak at the puberty age of a person. The testosterone not only governs and controls the sexual functions in the human body of males but along with that, it also carries out a number of functions, click here.
The Function of Testosterone:
The importance of the testosterone cannot be denied in the human body. This hormone is having prime importance regarding a number of functions not only in men but also in women. Here is the list of the functions that are performed by testosterone in men:
- Among all the functions of Testosterone, the most important one is to maintain the sexual health of the person. This hormone is responsible for increasing the sex drive of males.
- Being a sexual hormone, testosterone is responsible for boosting the libido of men.
- The semen volume, that is necessary for the motility of sperms, is also increased with the help of testosterone in men.
- It also plays an important role in maintain the metabolism of males. Testosterone is responsible for the metabolism of fats and its distribution in the body.
- The Testosterone hormone promotes the strength and the mass of the bones in the males.
- It is also responsible for the promotion of healthy muscle mass in the human body of males.
- Testosterone is also responsible for the development of the male secondary sex characteristics during his puberty like the growth of beard, deepening of the voice, broadness of shoulders etc.
- Testosterone is also responsible for the promotion of hair growth on the body of men.
Besides all these functions, testosterone is the hormone of prime importance that leads to the development of the reproductive organs in the developing fetus. It also aids in musicalizing of brain. Not only this, it also gives man his aggression and attitude.
The Decline in Testosterone:
The normal range of the testosterone levels in men is approx. in between 300 to 700 ng/dL. All the values that lie in between this range are considered to be healthy. But in general the most appropriate value of the testosterone in healthy man is considered to be 689 ng/dL, according to the study published in the research that was conducted by Mayo Clinic.
But according to research on the Testosterone levels, a drop in the production of this hormone occurs after the age of 30. It is estimated that the production of testosterone begin to slow down at the rate of 1 percent per year after 30 years of age.
However, besides aging, there are other number of the reasons and causes that are causing the decline in the Testosterone Levels of men.
Causes of the Low Testosterone Levels in Men:
The disease that is caused with the low testosterone levels is often termed as Hypogonadism. This is the disease that is characterized with the number of factors including low sex drive, hair loss, bone mass loss, muscle mass loss, baldness, depression and many others. It is regarded that the people with the testosterone levels lower than 300 ng/dL have hypogonadism.
Here are some of the causes that why most of the men are having Hypogonadism or low testosterone levels.
- Low Production of Testosterone: among the number of causes, one of the most important cause for the hypogonadism is the less production of testosterone in the human body. There can be wide range of causes of its less production and inability of testes to produce testosterone is one of them.
- The damage to Hypothalamus or other organs secreting it: as testosterone is produced in testes and adrenal gland, there could be the impaired actions of these organs to produce testosterone. Having low testosterone levels in the body can also be the combined action of physiological, hormonal and chemical changes in the body.
- Lack of Physical Activity: another one of the common reason for the low testosterone levels in the human body is the lack of physical activity. With the increased physical activity and regular work outs, the levels of testosterone can be raised in the body.
- Inadequate Diet: diet is the important factor that influences the testosterone levels in the body. The person that is not taking the proper diet for the secretion of testosterone hormones can face the decreased levels of testosterone in the body.
List of Foods that Increase Testosterone Naturally in Men:
Diet is one of the most important factors that can help you to boost your testosterone levels in your body. If you are suffering from the lower T levels, the good news is here. You can now boost your T levels with the T boosting foods that are easy to get and tempting to your tongue. Wondering what natural food to eat for testosterone increase? Here is your list that you need to take to grocery store for your enhanced T levels:
Casting your diet in the sea food like shrimp is the one sure way to boost the T levels in your body. As shrimps are the rich sources of Vitamin D, so these have the strongest link to the Testosterones. According to study conducted at Harvard School of Public Health Boston, it was proved that men having higher levels of Vitamin D also have higher T levels in their bodies. So adding the shrimps and seas food in your diet is the wisest choice for boosting the T levels.
Coconut can also be on your list of the foods that can increase your T levels. As coconut is the great source of the saturated fats, so this can be the best option for you to keep your T levels at its peak. It was proven in the study published in “The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism” that people who have switched their diets to the high saturated fat diets have increased testosterone levels in their bodies.
When it comes to the sexual health, eggs might come on the top of the list. As the egg yolk is rich in the dietary cholesterol and fats, it is the best source to increase your testosterone levels. As cholesterol is the building block of the testosterone, so it is not the rocket science to say that eggs can boost the T levels.
You have heard it right. Among the T boosting foods garlic is on the list. It is suggested through studies that the foods like garlic and onions that have the stinking smell can trigger the release of luteinizing hormone which plays an important role in production of testosterone. A side of garlic bread in your meal is not a deal of harm then.
Strawberries are another yum and the rich source of food that can increase your T levels. The higher intakes of the strawberries can enhance your Testosterone levels in your body leading you healthy and fit in regards to your sexual well- being.
- Why Do People Hire Maid Service? - October 6, 2021
- The Meaning of Dietary Supplements about Vitamins - October 4, 2021
- Requirements for importing a vehicle in the Lawrenceville, United States - October 3, 2021